Friday, September 5, 2008

The Night Before Hurricane Hanna

Took this last night as we get ready for Hurricane Hanna....which is due to hit our town tonight.




Lots of drinking water and containers to store water for sanitation. And masking tape for the glass windows, road maps in case of evacuation...



Was busy stocking up on dry goods and canned vegetables and fruits too.... Luckily we bought a big ice box last week for our road trip so it will be handy if there's no power supply, all the food in my fridge will go into the ice box ; p

All biscuits and cereal bars...
Well if we can't finish all these, there's always Hurricane Ike & Josephine next week.....
I even booked a garage for the car this morning....Just in case....3 hurricanes in the coming 2 weeks Sigh..
Took these from my balcony last night so that I can look back next time ; )
It was a beautiful night.....the calm before the storm I reckon?

This pond is so close to my unit, my guess: it will overflow during the storm and flood the whole garden....Fingers Xxxxxx

The whole experience is overwhelming....Weather broadcast on the TV every hour. The apartment management sending out hurricane emergency flyers, people loading up at supermarkets.....People telling us to have an evacuation plan....Even as I am typing this post, the weather outside is changing.....The storm's expected to come at 2pm (Friday) Eastern time and Hanna will probably come in full force at midnight....God Bless us all...

2 comments:

agent orange said...

hey there, I hope all things turn out well. I've got a fren whom is post to one of the NC hospital for 6 weeks of work. I gave her your blogsite and told her about the warnings you posted to get her mentally prepared. i think no one here expected it to hit NC. I also told her if she needs info or help she can get in touch with you via your blog (hope you don't mind)

Happy Belly said...

AO,
No prob, she is free to view my blog or contact me via my blog : )