Monday, January 12, 2009
Stir Fry Lobster with Creamy Cheese Sauce
The Asian grocery stores here at NC are selling live Maine lobsters at a steal...US$6.99/lb! So far this is the lowest price I have come across and of course I couldn't pass on this one ; P
Bought these 2 for about US$15, pretty cheap huh. Was cracking my head on the way home on how to cook it...bake it? steam it? Black pepper? Fermented black beans? Finally decided to create this one...Pretty good I must say...Here's the recipe:
What you need:
2 lobsters, chopped into pieces with shell on
2 shallots, chopped
1 tbsp minced garlic
4 chilli padi, deseed and thinly sliced
4 tbsp butter
2 pcs of cheese (I use Kraft)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
cornstarch- to coat lobster
What to do:
1. Coat lobster briefly in cornstarch
2. Deep fry them till abt 85% cooked, drained
3. Melt butter in a dry wok, add garlic and shallots and fry till almost brown
4. Add chillies and mix well
5. Add in lobster, sugar, pepper, salt and water.
6. Place the cheese slices on top of the lobster and cover the wok for about 5 mins
7. Uncover and stir the lobster till well mixed with cheesy sauce.
I served mine in a typical "cze char" (hawker) way, with white rice and stir fry veggies as side. It was a yummy dinner... Will definitely buy those lobsters again before it gets too expensive!