Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Black Pepper Fried Steak with Mushrooms

Bought 2 slab of premium ribeye steak (with lots of fatty corners!) which I planned to make on Valentine's Day but Hub and I ended up having Vietnamese Pho for Valentine's Day dinner...Reason: We were out shopping till late and it is going to be another hour plus drive home before we can have dinner plus well, I have cravings for Pho
; p

Anyway made this the day after, I seasoned the steak with salt and pepper and shallow fry it in a saucepan till brown and the fatty part crispy (as I can only eat "well done" steak now).
As for the sauce, saute 2 heap tablespoon of garlic till brown, add in 2 cups slices mushroom and continue to saute till mushrooms are soft. Add 4 heap tablespoons of Lee Kum Kee's Black Pepper sauce and half a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup (mix with 1/2 cup water). Add lots of cracked black pepper if you want...
There you have it, easy to make black pepper sauce ; P
The steak was.....Shiok!

Made this Jellyhearts for dessert, attempted this in Singapore before but somehow it wasn't very pretty. Thanks J for pointing out that I need to add gelatin for the cheese layer ; )
Guess I need more practice to cut it into nice slices...

No comments: