Thursday, March 25, 2010

Banana Cake

My son's exactly 10 mths old today, so I decided to make him a banana cake. I don't think there's anyone out there that doesn't like a banana cake...I remember when I used to be a student nurse I was attached to Toa Payoh Polyclinic and everyday I will walk pass this bakery (think it's Glory) at about 4pm and there will be trays of banana cakes waiting to be pack and send to various shops. If I am lucky there will be extras for sale...Many years on and I am no longer practicing as a nurse but the smell of baked banana cakes still lingers....Hmmmm....

Got this recipe from Aunt Yochana but I changed the self-raising flour to cake flour for a softer texture...It was great! It's soft and moist, only thing is if you are using very riped bananas you may want to use 350g sugar instead. Do refer to her site for recipe as it is not right for me to post someone else's recipe without permission ; ))

No comments: