Simply the best coffee cake I ever had ; P and yes I am very particular about cakes...
What You Need:
3/4 cup sugar
200g Golden Churn butter (the best butter for making butter cakes)
1 1/2 cup cake flour
3 large eggs
1tsp baking powder
3tbsp Nescafe instant granules + 2 tbsp hot water
2 tbsp Nescafe instant granules (set aside)
1 tsp chocolate/ coffee emulsico
What To Do:
- Cream butter & sugar till pale and creamy
- Add eggs, one at a time. Mix well
- Add wet ingredients. The mixture will seem to curd at this point but don't worry, continue to fold flour.
- Stop mixer. Fold in flour and baking powder gently.
- Add in the 2 tbsp of Nescafe granules and mix gently....Like this,
You can still see the coffee specks on the surface!