Monday, April 7, 2008

Chocolatey Chips Cookies

Baked some chocolate chip cookies for Hub yesterday, he came home after spending a work week in UK. Hub loves chocolate chip cookies…..like me ; P

Adapted this recipe from The Lazy Chef, I just love using Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips for my cookies! They are just so rich….

I am not a discipline chef at all, Hub says it’s the stubborn streak in me and yes I don’t like to follow strictly to any recipes. That explain why I can’t bake nice cakes and I do not have the patience to bake them as well…. I like to modify recipes to my liking even when I have not even tried out the recipes….; D

You can refer to the original recipe from The Lazy Chef or follow my modified recipe:

Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips Cookies

Ingredients:
¾ cup butter, softened (around 180g)
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract (I used 1/2 whole vanilla bean)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup quickcook oats (Quaker)
¼ cup ground almond or chopped hazelnut
2 tsp cornstarch
½ tsp baking soda
¼ salt
1 ½ cup chocolate chips
Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Cream butter and sugar until smooth
3. Add egg and vanilla
4. Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients
5. Stir in chocolate chips
6. Chill the cookie dough for about 20 mins in the fridge
7. Form dough into small balls around a teaspoon and leave about 2 inches apart
8. Bake for about 10-12 mins (depending on the size of the cookies) or until golden brown

No comments: