Thursday, May 15, 2008

Love me... Love me not

I have a love hate relationship with Parmesan cheese; I hate it when it's 'raw' like the ones you sprinkle in pasta or pizza(it smells like baby's puke....yUcks) BUT the smell transform into this beautiful aroma once you grill or fry it ; ) and I can never get enough of it.....Maybe Happy Belly is just contradicting herself as usual...*Grin*

Made this last night for dinner, I must say it is really fuss-free. I started preparing it when Hub called to say he's leaving office and dinner was served once he step in half an hour later....It's a matter of organising your time...Happy Belly is a good time manager....lol

Parmesan Pork Schnitzel

Ingredients:
2 pieces of pork chops
1 egg, beaten
2 cups of panko/Japanese breadcrumbs
¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp seasalt
1 tsp black pepper
Butter for frying

Method:

1. Pound the pork chops with meat mallet to tenderise the meat
2. Rub salt and black pepper on meat and set aside for 15mins
3. Mix cheese with breadcrumbs in a plate
4. Dip pork chops in egg and then coat it with breadcrumb mixture
5. In a saucepan, melt butter and fry the meat till golden brown
6. Serve with side dishes.

A close-up view:

Exactly what Hub wants in a dinner; Meat, Carbo, Veg and even Beans (His idea of perfect balanced meal). Hub gave his both thumbs up so I reckon it's a 10...

No comments: