I was so afraid that it will activate the smoke alarm....And I tell you, the grease in the oven!!...Don't think I will make this again especially not when I am staying in a apartment.
Made this Thai Silver Noodle Salad as side dish so that the whole dinner is not so 'gelak'. This salad can be found in most Thai restaurant and it is my favourite....The secret.....The right brand of fish sauce.....Really it's that simple. Here's the recipe:
Thai Silver Noodle Salad
(Recipe from my cousin-in-law)
What you need:
1 bunch of tung hoon
2 big shallots, thinly sliced
1 bunch of corinder, chopped
4-5 Thai chilli (chopped)
1/2 tsp minced garlic
4 to 5 prawns
Juice from 2 limes
4 tbsp of fish sauce (use ONLY the Golden Boy Brand)
some chicken stock (I used instant packet stock mixed with water ratio 1:1)
- Soak the tung hoon in water till soft (abt 10 mins)
- Meanwhile combine lime juice, fish sauce, garlic and chillies. Set aside
- Boil chicken stock mix and cook prawns in them, remove prawns when cooked
- Cook tunghoon in stock (about 5 mins) until transparent.
- Drain tunghoon and soak it in cold water (very much like cooking spaghetti)
- Combine tunghoon, coriander, shallots and prawns on a serving plate, pour dressing over.
NOTE: According to my cousin-in-law, you can boil the tunghoon in water instead of stock. But since I like the way she made hers, I used stock too.Something to keep me occupied for a while ; P