Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Stir Fry Pork and Kidney with Ginger

Think I finally mastered it, Stir fried kidney with lots of ginger. My MIL can cook this very well, but somehow she is not willing to share the recipe....Maybe the maid cooked it not her?! keke..

I spent the whole afternoon cleaning the kidneys and rinsing it, maybe I am paranoid but the pork kidneys here seem to be more pungent than the ones back home....My hands stinked the whole afternoon. Well, the boys like it so I guess it's worth it although I hardly touch the kidneys...Here's the recipe:

Stir Fry Pork & Kidney with Ginger

1 pair of pork kidney (deveined and make criss crosses on it)

200gm sliced pork (optional)

1 big thumb of ginger, juliened thinly

2 stalks of spring onion, sliced about 2 inches long

2 tbs oyster sauce

1 tbs dark soy sauce

1 tbs sesame oil

2 tbs rice wine (or Hua Tiao)

2 tbs sugar (my MIL uses honey)

1 tbs wolfberries, soaked with a bit of hot water (optional)

150ml water

cornstarch + water (as thickening)

Method

  1. Scald kidneys with boiling water (I prefer to get rid of the pungent smell) & drained
  2. Stir fry ginger with sesame oil till frangent and brown
  3. Add in spring onion
  4. Add in pork, wolfberries and all the seasoning except water
  5. Add in kidneys and stir fry it till well mixed
  6. Add in water, cover for 5 mins
  7. Add in thickening
  8. Enjoy!
Made this Stir Fry Black Pepper Beef with Celery & Mushroom in case T doesn't take kidneys. I used Lee Kum Kee's Black Pepper sauce. It was disappointing as it is more sweet than firey, the boys kept insisting the 2 dishes were made with the same sauce....Sigh *roll eyeballs*

The boys are into their Playstation, Hub kept giving excuses that he needs to go to T's apartment to 'discuss work'....Sigh, since he has been studying very hard for the past few days and their exams are over I allowed him to go and enjoy himself.....Boysss......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats Looks Yummy!

Happy Belly said...

Thanks! U shd try it someday, it's really good ; )