Monday, September 8, 2008

Wilber's Barbecue

I was trying to google for a good BBQ place for a good ol' carolina pulled pork sandwich which Carolinas are famous for. Hub & I had one at Carowinds and even though we bought it from a food court, it was heavenly.....So I googled for a good famous BBQ house amongst the locals and this is what I found; Wilber's BBQ. It's very near where I stay and Hub & I decided to drop by for lunch on Sun.


They are famous for their BBQ pork; pulled pork actually. The piggies were slow roasted with oakwood at the back of the restaurant....the oakwood supposedly give the meat a nice smoked taste. Just check out their hall of fame...
They are obviously popular with the locals coz the 1 hour that we were there, the "take-out" queue did not stop at all....; )


This is what I had, BBQ Pork Plate....Comes with Coleslaw and Potato Salad. Honestly, it did not turn out the way I expected. I mean it's nice, the folks were great and the pork is really soft and juicy....But I was expecting the meat to be drenched in thick sinful BBQ sauce, instead the pulled pork was tossed in vinegar and hot chilli sauce.....The locals like it though but I am not used to the sourish taste...


Hub ordered the BBQ pork sandwich which is basically same as what I ordered except served with buns....
Verdict: It was a nice, clean cosy place with great service that serve up real authentic Southern BBQ. But if you are Asian, maybe you would like to share the BBQ Pork Plate with another friend as the sourish taste can get a bit overwhelming. Maybe I ll try their BBQ chicken next time round ; P

No comments: