Thursday, October 2, 2008

Homemade Bolognese Sauce

I love pasta, not Hub though. That's why we hardly eat at Italian restaurants.
I usually get my pasta fix homemade....I have somehow master this sauce over the years; adjusted to my own liking ; )

It's wonderful to live in a place where minced turkey are readily available any time of the year, we certainly don't have that kind of luxury back in S'pore!

I usually make more of my bolgnese sauce and freeze it so that I can easily fix up a meal on lazy days.....Here you go

What you need:

300gms minced beef
300gms minced turkey
2 carrots, finely diced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
3 tomatoes, diced
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 cup of your favourite mushrooms, sliced
3 tbsp tomato puree
2 cup red wine
1 beef or chicken stock cube
1 cup water
2 bay leaves
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
1tbsp oregano
1tbsp rosemary
1/2 ground nutmeg

Method:
  1. Heat up 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in heavy pot over medium heat.
  2. Toss in onion and garlic, fry for about 10mins
  3. Add in carrots, celery and mushroom and fry for a further 5 mins
  4. Mix in minced meat. Fry until the meat are half cooked
  5. Add all tomatoes (fresh, canned & puree), stir
  6. Pour in red wine, stock cube, water and the rest of the ingredient
  7. Let it simmer for about 45mins stirring occasionally
  8. Adjust with salt and pepper
  9. Continue to cook until veggies are soft (another 45 mins)
  10. Remove bay leaves
  11. Serve with your favourite pasta
  12. Divide the balance sauce into portions and freeze

NOTE: You can replace minced turkey with chicken or use just minced beef. Personally I prefer to mix. I usually freeze the balance and I will try to finish it within a month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Drooool*
*SLURP*
feel free to share the love to this way anytime okie?

Happy Belly said...

Haha, Sure sure!