Made this for dinner last night, my first attempt...Not too bad...
Here's the recipe:
What you need:
About 500g of pork belly, cubed
2 tbsp corn flour
1 small egg
salt and pepper
some cornflour or plain flour for dusting
3 chinese soup spoon ketchup
2 chinese soup spoon sweet chilli sauce
1 chinese soup spoon white vinegar
1/2 chinese soup spoon sugar
1 small onion, sliced thickly
1 big tomato, cubed
1 zuchinni, cubed
1 green/red pepper, cubed
1 cup lychee (optional)
What to do:
1. Marinate the pork for at least 1 hour
2. Coat pork with flour and deep fry till glden brown, drain
3. In a sauce pan, saute onion in some oil till slightly soften.
4. Add the rest of veggies and mix in sauce seasoning, add in water
5. Let it simmer for 10mins, add in starch mix to thicken sauce.
6. Transfer sauce into a bowl. Serve!
1. I split the sauce from the pork so that the fried pork will stay crunchy during dinner time and also to give Hub the illusion of 1 meat 1 veggie dish ; )
You can add in pork at step 5 if you want the traditional looking sweet and sour pork
2. Simmer veggies longer if you want them softer, I prefer them crunchy...