Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Pandan Chiffon Cake
What You Need:
170ml coconut milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 tsp pandan paste
8 egg yolks
70 g sugar
1 cup cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
9 eggs whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 365F
2. Add coconut milk, vegetable oil, pandan paste. Mix well.
3. Add egg yolk, sugar and No. 2. Mix well using hand whisk.
4. Sift cake flour, baking powder and salt twice. Fold into mixture #3. Mix until smooth and set aside.
5. Beat egg white & cream of tartar, add sugar in 3 parts. Stop when whisks form S when lifted.
6. Add 1/3 beaten egg white to mixture No. 4. Mix using hand whisk.
7. Slowly fold in the mixture to the remaining 2/3 of beaten egg whites.
8. Pour mixture into greased pandan cake tin or Angel cake tin & bake for about 1hr.
9. Turn tin over on a cake rack IMMEDIATELY to cool before loosening cake.