What You Need:
350g yellow soy bean
6 pandan leaves tied into 2 knots
Rock sugar or cane sugar
2 big pot
What To Do:
1. Soak soy bean overnight
2. Blend bloated soy beans with some water till fine
3. In a big pot, put blended soy bean, 1 knot pandan leave & water.
4. Once the mixture boils, lower the flame and let it simmer for about 20mins. Stir constantly
5. Slowly pour the mixture into another pot using a sieve or muslim bag (I prefer to use a sieve at this point)
6. Once you have sieve through the mixture, transfer the milk through muslim bag
7. Add the new knot of pandan leave and let it boil again for 15mins.
8. Add rock sugar or cane sugar to taste
This soya milk tasted exactly like the ones we get from Singapore ; ) The advantage of making it yourself is you can control exactly what goes into your milk....I will use Organic beans next time!
The soy bean residue that you have sieve is rich in nutrients! It is also known as okara, I fry it with garlic and a bit of dark soy sauce and this is what I got. U can use it for baking cod fish...Just add a generous amount on top ; ))