Pardon the picture, I have to shoot this with my little guy clinging on to my pants.
This is oily, fatty, sinful but VERY GOOD!!!! Yes, Sinfully Good ; )) Thanks for sharing S!
Plus it is so easy to do compared to Bak Kwa, I am going to make this for Chinese New Year from now on....
What You Need:
1 lb (abt 495g) thick cut, rindless bacon( cut into halves, lengthwise)
6-8 cloves garlic, smashed with the side of a knife
4 tbsp honey
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp Huatiao wine or any rice wine
3/4 cup water
What To Do:
1. Mix all the ingredients (except bacon) in a microwave proof bowl.
2. Microwave for 1 min and stir till sugar dissolved. Let it cool completely
3. Add bacon into the mixture, make sure it is fully submerged. Marinate overnight or more than 12 hrs
4. Bake them at 365F for 10 mins
5. Switch oven to Broil (500F) and broil till brown abt 8 mins
6. Cool and enjoy!!
Note: Stay close once you switch to Broil as it burns easily..