Friday, July 23, 2010

Tomato, Mushroom with Mozzarella Tart

I have been blogging for more than 2 years now, it started as a blog to keep Hub & my overseas friends in the loop but I find it harder and harder to do that now esp when my son takes up almost 100% of my time. It has become a blog where I keep all my recipes, so that I will not forget how to prepare these dishes! You will be surprised how many times I refer to my blog when I bake, I can't remember most of the measurements ; ))
Anyway, I made this for lunch and it is definitely a keeper! Simple, fast lunch you can fix for that unexpected guest ; p

What You Need:
(Recipe adapted from here)

1/2 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
1/2 roma tomato, thinly sliced
About 4 white or brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
2 tbsp 6 cheese
1/4 cup red onion, diced finely
1tsp salt & pepper
Dash of dried parsley

What To Do:
  1. Set oven to 400F
  2. Add a little oil & red onion in a microwavable bowl, microwave on high for 2 mins. Remove and set aside
  3. Place pastry sheet on a non stick pan, bake for 10 mins or when it starts to puff like this,4. Add topping, onions(drained) & cheeses,
5. Brush with the oil that was microwaved with onion
6. Bake for about 20mins or till brown
7. Serve while hot!

No comments: