I developed my love for fudge during my 2 years stay in Perth, Hub & I used to go to Frementle market once a month to buy my favourite coffee beans, big fat fresh prawns to make prawn noodle & fudge!!! My favourite of all....Rum & Raisins!
Can't seem to find them here so I decide to make my own...and I am so going to make my own fudge from now on....
Here's the recipe if you are interested to make your own.
What You Need:
400g dark chocolate (I use Ghirardelli 60%, preferably 70%)
1 full can of condensed milk (Yes, 1 full can....about 396g)
1 cup raisins
4 tbsp rum
What To Do:
- Line a 20cm by 20cm tray with baking paper.
- Soak raisin with rum and set aside, preferably overnight
- Put chocolate, butter and condensed milk in a glass boil and double boil it over a pot of boiling water. Make sure it is not touching the water.
- Stir until all the chocolate has melted, it gets thick and the oil will seem to separate from the mixture. You have to keep stirring!!
- Continue to stir until the butter oil has incorporated with the chocolate and is no longer shiny. Add in raisins with rum.
- Pour into tray (sprinkle some nuts on top if you like) and let it cool before putting it in the fridge to set for about 3 hrs.
- Cut and serve!