Monday, August 23, 2010

Rum & Raisin Fudge

Come fudge with me....
I developed my love for fudge during my 2 years stay in Perth, Hub & I used to go to Frementle market once a month to buy my favourite coffee beans, big fat fresh prawns to make prawn noodle & fudge!!! My favourite of all....Rum & Raisins!
Can't seem to find them here so I decide to make my own...and I am so going to make my own fudge from now on....
Here's the recipe if you are interested to make your own.

What You Need:
400g dark chocolate (I use Ghirardelli 60%, preferably 70%)
1 full can of condensed milk (Yes, 1 full can....about 396g)
40g butter
1 cup raisins
4 tbsp rum

What To Do:
  1. Line a 20cm by 20cm tray with baking paper.
  2. Soak raisin with rum and set aside, preferably overnight
  3. Put chocolate, butter and condensed milk in a glass boil and double boil it over a pot of boiling water. Make sure it is not touching the water.
  4. Stir until all the chocolate has melted, it gets thick and the oil will seem to separate from the mixture. You have to keep stirring!!
  5. Continue to stir until the butter oil has incorporated with the chocolate and is no longer shiny. Add in raisins with rum.
  6. Pour into tray (sprinkle some nuts on top if you like) and let it cool before putting it in the fridge to set for about 3 hrs.
  7. Cut and serve!

No comments: