Monday, October 4, 2010

Breadmaker Hot Dog Buns

I have no idea why I have never post this too, now that I am staying thousands of miles away from home I miss those hot dog buns from the HDB bakeries...Really there are so many things we take for granted in SG.
I make these every week, sometimes twice a week and they are always welcomed with Oooo and Ahhhh from my SG neighbours haha...We must be really homesick!!! My family will be leaving US soon and my house is almost empty now...I have to bake these before I sell my breadmaker away!!! I adapted the recipe from here

What You Need:
150g cake flour
150g bread flour
2g salt
5g active dry yeast
60g sugar
125ml milk
1 egg
50g butter
1 egg yolk + 2tbsp cold water for glazing

Filling:
9 hot dogs

Topping:
Shredded Parmesan

What To Do:
  1. Add all wet ingredients (except butter) into the breadmaker pan
  2. Add dry ingredients leaving yeast last
  3. Make a little well in the flour mix and add yeast into the well.
  4. Start the breadmaker to DOUGH function and press START
  5. After 5 mins, add butter (cubed) in
  6. Restart the cycle after about 30mins.
  7. Once the cycle is completed (about 130mins after restart)
  8. Preheat oven to 180C
  9. Take out the dough and divide them into 60g
  10. Wrap hot dogs with the dough pressing the edges firmly together
  11. Brush with egg wash, sprinkle cheese and bake for 20mins.

No comments: