Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Pooch Food: Apple Cinnamon Biscuits

Decided to get some X’mas gifts for the pooches, this year I want to make them some biscuits. I don’t want to feel left out this X’mas ; P.

My little Westie has been showering me with her unconditional love even when I spanked her for her “accidental” mistakes in my yard. Of course she is not always so lovable, when I don’t bring her out to play with her mates at my MIL place she will deliberately poo just outside the yard door to show her displeasure. Sigh, she sure knows how to throw doggie tantrum.

But she is usually lovable than naughty. She has a sweet nature and is usually very obedient. Hub and I like to train our dogs when we have the time. It’s really fun training them and it helps us to bond with the dogs.

In our household, we strongly believe that we need to show our dogs that we are the Alpha, unless you want to have a guard dog. I remember reading from somewhere that dogs are actually happier when they are following an Alpha, perhaps they don’t like to be stress being the leader ; P.
Once we established that hierarchy, it is really easier to train them. Currently only our Westie stays with us, our other dog stays with my MIL.

Anyway, I remember I have this dog biscuit recipe from a friend. Think she downloaded it from the web. I had fun making them using 3 different cookie cutters.
It’s Apple Cinnamon Biscuits, here’s the recipe

2 small red apples, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp milk
1 egg
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
Some vanilla essence
3 cups of flour

Method

Mix all the wet ingredient and slowly add in the dry ingredient, it will form a dough
Roll the dough with a rolling pin to about 0.5cm thick.

Cut the dough with a cookie cutter

Line them on a baking tray


Bake at 180C for about 10 mins or when it turns golden brown.



She has been waiting very patiently for her treats; I have to lock her in the yard while I bake her biscuits. It actually tasted quite bland but she loves it. She is just greedy….

No comments: