Saturday, November 8, 2008

Braised Pork with Dried Scallops

Like any typical Teochew, I love my braised meat. I couldn't resist the temptation when I came across this Hai's Braised Meat Paste and decided to give it a try.
I have been using a lot of premixes lately, mainly because I am just cooking for myself and it really save the hassle of buying too much ingredients and stocking up my fridge to the brim...

What you need:

Pork Shoulder
Hai's Braised Meat Paste
500ml water
1 whole garlic (skin intact)
2 pcs dried scallops
A handful of dried wolfberries
1 bunch of coriander, chopped

What to do:
1. Fry garlic in some oil till brown
2. Add in meat and brown
3. Add the paste and water
4. Boil the mixture
5. Transfer into slow cooker and cook on high for about 3 hours
6. Serve with coriander
Added my favourite baby kailan (boiled, tossed in oyster sauce & sesame oil) and that's my dinner this weekend ; p

No comments: