Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Belly's Fried Udon

I have been cooking this udon for years now, it is one of my earliest dish when I started to learn how to cook from my Dad and my Sis. I was only 12 years old then and this is one of my favourite dish as it requires very very minimum steps and ingredients plus it taste really good
; p
Here's the easy peasy recipe:

What You Need

1 packet of udon, rinsed and drained
(try to use those that are made in Japan, they are easier to fry and taste better)
2 small shallots, sliced
1-2 slices of luncheon meat or spam (I like the Japanese luncheon meat from Meidi-ya or Isetan)
2 tbsp of dark soya sauce
Lots of white pepper!

What to Do

1. Pan fry luncheon meat in 2 tbsp of oil until brown, scoop onto a plate
2. Fry shallots in remaining oil till fragant
3. Add udon and stir.
4. Add dark soya sauce and lots of pepper and stir until well mixed
5. Dish out once udon gets dry.
6. Top with luncheon meat. Enjoy!!

No comments: