What You Need:
Jasmine rice (For 2)
About 6 cloves garlic
2 thumb sized ginger
1 pandan leaves, tied into knots
About 4 chicken thighs
Blend this (to Paste)
4 cloves of garlic
1 thumb sized ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp salt
What To Do:
- Boil chicken thigh in a pot of boiling water until it is cooked thoroughly, about 45 mins
- In a saucepan, add 1 tbsp of oil & 1 tsp sesame oil. Fry the garlic and ginger till slightly brown, add in paste and stir well
- Add rice and fry till slightly transluscent. Transfer mixture to rice cooker
- Add in stock from step 1 to rice cooker till the desired water level (In my case to Mark 2.5 for 2.5 cup of rice). Add in pandan leaves and hit COOK button
- Serve with chicken thigh and of course, chicken rice chilli!!!!
- NOTE: To make the sauce to drizzle over the meat and rice, add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil & 4 tbsp of chicken stock in a bowl mix well and drizzle!
- NOTE: Do not waste the stock, add cabbage and carrots to make soup!